Welcome aboard! We’re so pleased to have you with us.
While we wait to taxi, here are a few tips to ensure a smooth flight:
- Book our deals as soon as you possibly can. Good fares do not always last long and may disappear at any time — even in just a few minutes or an hour.
- Most of our flights are from larger airports—think New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, Chicago, Miami, etc.—but we always look for smaller airports closer and more convenient for our clients.
- If you don’t live near a “major” international airport, you may need to ‘position’ yourself via a short, domestic flight to take advantage of this deal. (Like going from Nashville to Chicago or New York). Smaller airports don’t get as much action as the bigger hubs. We don’t like that either, but savings can still be substantial (Here’s why.)
- We recommend you book directly with the airline(s) whenever possible. Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) such as Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, et al may not actually process your reservation for several minutes (or hours) after you book. As such, the price can change in that time and the airline may not honor the OTA price.
- If you click on one of our deals and the price is already higher, that could mean the deal is already gone — but other dates may still be eligible for the same/similar airfare. Before giving up, adjust the dates in Google Flights a few times to see what routes and price ranges appear. Often times the “really good” fare is gone, but you can still get a “good” fare.
- After you book, wait until the airline has confirmed your ticket and has assigned you a ticket number before you book any nonrefundable hotels, car rentals, transfers, or excursions.
- We do not receive commissions or payments from any bookings — whether with the airline or OTA. We may receive commissions from the purchase of products or services made through our website or newsletters at no extra cost to you. These are products or services we have purchased with our own money and/or personally recommend.
- Please Note: We strive to provide accurate information about business class travel deals. We cannot and do not warrant the applicability or availability of any price, airfare, service, or accommodation and we are not responsible for, nor do we accept any liability for, any service sold or otherwise represented by any featured provider(s). We are not liable in any way for any delay, cancellation, loss, injury, damage, and/or death to any persons or property during, or as a result of, any travel, service, or accommodation taken as a result of this service.
- Always get travel insurance to help reimburse for losses arising from flight delays or cancellations, health issues, emergencies, evacuations, etc. Your credit cards cover some things. But the insurance is generally cheap and we use it every year at least once. It has paid for itself every year we’ve had it. We use, and recommend, Allianz.