- Data We Collect
When you use the Site, we collect and process the following types of information:
- Information We Collect about You
We collect information about your use of our Services, including, but not limited to, your Internet connections, computer equipment, web browsers, sites visited before using or accessing our Site, sites visited after leaving our Site, and other similar information about traffic and usage, as you navigate to, through, and away from our Site. This is called “Non-Personal Data” because it does not identify you, but provides insights to us regarding your use of the Services.
Web Beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, and to monitor how many visitors view our Services. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages or in an email.
Log Data refers to certain information about how a user makes use of our Services. Log Data may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our Services to which a User browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that a user clicked on, and other statistics.
- Information You Provide
When you use our Services, respond to communications from us (e.g., surveys, requests for feedback), contact us via phone, email, or postal mail, and so on, we will collect certain types of Personal Data that you provide to us. “Personal Data” is information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information.
When you use our Services, you may be asked to provide, and we will collect, certain types of Personal Data, which may include your first and last names, email address, zip code, and/or detailed and travel-related information. You may be asked to generate a password as part of your use of this Site.
- Third-Party Social Networking Services.
Additionally, if you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Services, we may receive your Personal Data and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Services to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Services. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration for our Services or enhance or personalize your experience on our Services. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Services is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available to our Services by visiting those services’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services.
- Use of Data
For Legitimate Interests. We do not sell or rent Data to any third parties. We use information collected by clickstream data collection, web pixels, and cookies to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site, and otherwise help administer and improve the Services.
We may identify you from your Personal Data and merge or co-mingle Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, for any lawful business purpose. Where you provide registration information, cookies can also be used to identify you when you log onto the Services or portions of the Services. Except as otherwise stated, we may use information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to:
- to respond to your requests and provide user support;
- to evaluate and improve the content of our Services;
- to customize the Services to your preferences;
- to communicate information and promotional materials to you (where you have not expressed a preference otherwise);
- to maintain record of activities in connection with your use of the Site;
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies;
- for research analysis;
- to enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies;
- to prevent or investigate fraud (or for risk management purposes), or to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in order to exercise our legal claims or to defend against legal claims;
- to conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performances of our Services;
- to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes; and
- for other purposes identified to you and as requested by you (please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent to such use at any time by contacting us via the contact information below).
- to validate your email, password, and/or other login credentials;
- to respond to your requests
- to provide you with products you have requested;
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies; and
We may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver these communications to you. If you no longer want to receive these email communications, you may opt-out of receiving email communications, as further discussed below.
We may anonymize or aggregate Data that we collect from the use of the Services, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Services, market trends, and other analysis that we create based on the information we receive from you and other users. If you provide Personal Data through our Services, we may aggregate that Data with other active Data, unless we specify otherwise at the point of collection.
- How We Share Data
We do not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We do have relationships with trusted third parties, but we will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, email address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence;
- Pursuant to your explicit approval prior to the disclosure; and
- We may share aggregated, de-identified Data with our sponsors and business partners to let them know how many users viewed and interacted with their materials. This information does not identify any individual or corporate entity.
- Third-Party Service Providers
We use third-party service providers to help us operate our Services, who may collect, store, and/or process the information detailed herein. We allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance, market research, customer relations management, and purchase functionality, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services.
If you choose to request certain features on the Services, we may forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, address confirmation, and employment-related screening and verification. There are also times when you provide information about yourself to us in areas of the Services that may be managed or participated in by third parties. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies.
Google Analytics. We have enabled Google Analytics to collect data about our traffic through the use of Google advertisements and other anonymous identifiers. We use Google Analytics cookies and other cookies to compile data to better understand users and provide users with a more tailored experience. You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add-on website.
Web Hosting. We use an third-party company to host our Site. When You submit information through our Site, it is stored on that company’s servers as well as our content management system that we implement.
For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the NAI’s consumer website here or here. If you do want to opt out using these tools, you need to opt out separately for each of your devices and for each web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari) that you use on each device.
- Data Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Data that you provide to us. Nonetheless, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data, or any other information, transmitted to or through any of our Services. Any transmission of Personal Data, or other information, is at your own risk. By using our Services, you acknowledge and accept these risks. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us or that are otherwise provided to us and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Services. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. By using our Services, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via email at email@example.com. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach only if and to the extent required under applicable law.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Data without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
- Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Contact Us
Please be assured that any Personal Data that you provide in communications to us will not be used to send you promotional materials unless you so request.